Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Monday, August 19, 2013


Hey!! Holy cowww. QUITE. THE. WEEK.
I hope you're not gonna be bored, because this email is gonna be massive.
I'll start with Monday.
Monday (Andy's birthday) was one of the TOUGHEST days of the mish. It was very very very discouraging. We (Szabo and I) even cried a little.
... a lot. All of our appointments fell through, no one was answering the door, and if they did, they weren't interested, and we didn't teach one Restoration... it was just nothing nothing nothing. So, we were just really hard on ourselves and wondering what the deal was. Satan's biggest tool is discouragement! AH. It was tough. But we prayed our little hearts out, and we were comforted.
Tuesday, I was able to spend 4 hours with Sister Ballif! She came to my area, and we were able to see some amazing people. I felt the Spirit SOOOO strong when I worked with her. She amazes me. The way she teaches, and makes people feel loved, and LISTENS. I learned so so so much from her. It was a real treat to be with her. :) We visited a couple amazing people, and after that, I was headed over to the Crystal Towers apartment, and parked the car. We were about to head out to teach a gal named Christina, when I was prompted that we needed to visit Roxy. We headed out on the street, and... I got lost. So, I was on a street and for some reason immediately slammed my breaks and turned into a neighborhood so I could turn around. When I turned into that neighborhood, there were these Town Homes that we've NEVER seen before! TENDER MERCY (We've been struggling to find new places, because the Elders have knocked all the main apartments) Sister Ballif and I started on our little tracting adventure and met some wonderful people. I love the Lord.
Ehhh... I'll skip to the good stuff... 
Twins game: Prime.
Thursday: We had a lovely district meeting.. (always perfect and FOR me.)
on the 16th (mom's birthday) that was another really really hard day. We've just had a hard week, but we know that we've just gotta press forward with FAITH! So everything will be ok.
Well, Saturday, we took the boys (Preness and Prinell) to a baptism. And, Sister Szabo and I were asked to teach the Restoration. Well, President was there. AH. I've never taught in front of him before, so that was pretty freaky. But it went sooo well. In fact, he came up to us after and was complimenting us like CRAZY. He was very very impressed. So that was a relief! 
Then came Sunday... The day we were NEEDING Preness, Prinell, and their mom to come to church! Well, THEY DID!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! We pulled up to the Apartments for them to follow us down, and they came out. All of them. Even the boyfriend! It literally was a miracle. They really enjoyed it, they even stayed for all 3 meetings! It was a big deal. We have another appointment scheduled to meet with them Wednesday this week :)
... But... Wednesday, Sister Szabo and I won't be together :'(
There are 37ish new missionaries coming in on Wednesday, and 14 of them are Sisters. I JUST finished training yesterday (aka I still have NO idea what I'm doing) and so I was freaking out that I'd have to train, because of all the new sisters coming in.
Well, last night, we received a text from the Presidents Assistance saying "Sister Szabo, please report to the conference call at 8:30 am tomorrow morning." She starts FREAKING OUT. Number one, because we convinced ourselves that we'd stay together. Pfft. And 2, because she knew she'd be leaving and opening a new area. I was trying to calm her down, and we were talking for like 20 min... and then I decided to say a prayer with her. Mid-prayer, the phone beeps again. "Sister Beeson, please report to the conference call at 8:30 am tomorrow morning." WHAAAAT??!?! I just finished training! I can't train!!! I cried. A bit. I don't wanna leave Sister Szabo, and I don't know what the heck I'm doing, and all of these fearful thoughts were going through my head. BUT. It's fiiiiiine.
I just barely found out like 5 min ago who/where I'm going.
Ready?
I'm taking over the Medicine Lake Area, and training a cute cute gal named Sister Debruler. Sister Szabo, is getting a new-bee from the MTC, and opening in Andover.. (Still in the same zone thankfully!) 
So there you have it, yer lil' baby is growing up and is actually having some responsibility put on her shoulders. Haha oh man. This is so good for me. God just totally knows what He's doing. 
So, wish me luck, prayers are going to be needed now more than ever! 
I know that through the enabling and strengthening power of the Atonement that everything will be a-ok :) such a blessing. 
I'm so so so happy that everything went well at band camp! Claire, you're rocking it. I know it. You're already a better flutist than I am. You're working much harder than I've ever worked... haha I love you, cutie. Buzzard: STUD. what was the DL's 'clothing theme' this year? I'm so happy you're on snare! Is the show sweet? What's it called? I don't know anything!!! 
Mom: You're BEAUTIFUL. I thought Terrilyn was done? You're looking so so good. You're the best :) Dad, I'm gonna reply to your email, so I'll talk to you soon :)
I love you all SO much. I'm growing like crazy. I really am. I'm so blessed to be here in Minnesota!!!! 
Please be safe this week, lovelies! 
xoxo
Sis B

Sad day when Sis. Szabo and I found out we were not going to be companions:(

Sister Ballif, Sister Szabo and I at Twins game














No comments:

Post a Comment