Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Monday, September 9, 2013

Baptism scheduled!

I've had a great week! Sister DuBrueler is the best. I just love her. I am so blessed to have her as my companion. We get along so so so well.
I honestly don't have anything too exciting to share this week, other than Janelle and Dustin and the boys are doing well, September 28 is THE DAY! She even put it on her calendar: 'Family Baptism' so that is exciting. I love them. With all my heart. Seriously. I will be friends with these people for eternity!! Ahhhh. We taught them the Word of Wisdom yesterday, and Janelle was really bummed about the coffee dealio. Cigarettes are tough for her too. But, luckily we had our cute joint teacher Sister Pugh who is a convert of 3 years, and was the BIGGEST coffee addict. The things she shared with Janelle and Dustin were PERFECT.
We met a cutie pie named Gramma G.G. She's 93 years old. She talks like she's 40. She works like she's 30. She dances like she's 50. And.... she's practically a Mormon. She knows sooo much about our church. She has attended the Easter Pageant a billion times, has been to Temple Square a ton, listens to MoTab regularly, and LOVES our church. Wouldn't that be cool if we got to baptize a 93 year old?! Stay tuned. It's happening.
We're gonna go to a thrift store and and buy huuuuuge jeans, and she's going to make us jean aprons! She knits, sews, and crochets like crazy. She's a cutie.
Sister Clements called us a couple of days ago, and asked if Sister D. and I would be able to play a musical number at the President's fireside this upcoming Sunday. This fireside is huge. A ton of investigators come, and there are about 3-4 recent converts who tell their story. It is very powerful. So, Sister D and I are so excited to be able to use our talents in front of all these people! I might arrange a hymn while she sings. We don't know yet. But it'll be fun!
Well, I love you all so much. I'm staying busy, which means I don't have much time to think about you---which is good. :)
Stay safe and keep those commandments!
xoxo
Sister Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment