Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Good morning, cuties!

Well, THIS is what the peeps meant by a cold winter. It's 0 today with windchill of like -20. Boo. I'm frigid. ALL the time. I walk outside for two seconds and my face feels like it's on fire. It hurts so bad! I don't have good gloves or hat yet, so I'm gonna have to buy those today. My boots are AMAZING though. Oh man, love em. But yes, Buzz, be careful driving in the snow. It's scary here. All the roads iced over overnight, and now it's just slippery everywhere, and we have to drive to Minnesota tomorrow! I'm the designated driver, so I'll be careful, promise :)
I got your Christmas packages!!!!! THANK YOU! :D I was having a rough day when they arrived and couldn't contain myself, so I opened the one from Santa (ADORABLE pj's..that fit!... meaning length-wise...I'm not that fat--yet.) and the CUUUUUUUTE polka dot dress! AHH. Love. I'm gonna wear it this Wednesday to our Zone Conference. Then on Christmas Sunday how you'd want me to, mom. :) Love you, and thanks! I'm saving the package from the fam to open that on Christmas. I also got the package from Nonna/Grace and other fam members. Sooooo nice! I feel like I'm home with the DoTerra and caramelized graham crackers. Thank you tons and tons! And I got a THIRD package from the cutie Bushman fam! Oh my word. Made my day. They are too good to me. It was filled with all my favorite things. :) 
Well, after I got done emailing you all last week, we got a phone call from our church building..random... and it was some chick named Angie and she needed 'help.' We went over to the church, and met this Angie chick, and she just balled when she saw us, she cried and cried.
Our first question was... How in the world did she get into the building..?!
She told us that she hit her 'rock bottom' and that she was walking to the closest church nearby, and she came across our church. Supposedly, almost every other church, you can walk in there and just pray, right? Well, that's what she was going to do. She pulled on the handle of the LDS church door, and it was miraculously opened! What the...
She needed somebody to talk to, so she found a bulletin board, and there were papers everywhere, and she just called the first person she saw on a paper. It was Sister Peterson... Then Sister Peterson called us, and that's how it all happened. 
Well, Angie's story is wayyyyy too long. But lets just say she has gone through the wringer. She wants help. She wants to know God. She wants to come to church. She wants to learn. She wants to be baptized. 
Isn't Heavenly Father the best for bringing HER (who is struggling with life) to US (who are struggling finding people)?! Love it.
We've been working with her for a little bit, and I'll give you an update next week with the events that'll happen this week. :)
Then after P-day last week (when the snow REALLY started to crank down), we went to our recent convert Hailie's house, to visit her L.A. mom, and we were there for...about 5 minutes, when Sister H was having a severe allergic reaction. Her eyes got super dilated, and she broke out in a sweat and said her throat was closing up. I ran into the kitchen and got a cold wet rag and patted her face with it, and she told Hailie to call 911, Hailie freaked out, gave the phone to me, I called, and within 3 minutes they were there. They took Sister H out on a stretcher, and Sister Anderson and I were left with Hailie, her siblings and two screaming little twin boys in a house in middle of a snow blizzard. Quite the scenario. 
Needless to say, we were able to break a few rules (for the better) and I WAS ABLE TO HOLD A BABY. Best moment of my life. That's really the whole point of this story... anyway, Sister H is fine now, and all is well. Umm... Things are still progressing. Transfers are next week. I think Sister Anderson and I will stay put on where we are. I get to talk to you all soooo soon!! Cannot wait. 

Tell Grayson CONGRATS!!! That's so awesome! I'm proud of him. When does he leave?
Also, I got a mini package in the mail (I was stoked) opened it with a huge grin, annnnnd... it was string.
Lol. Want me to mail it back to you?
I love you all. Pray hard for miracles. They are EVERYWHERE. 
xoxo Sister Beeson

Something brief that I wanted to point out that I learned in my studies this week:
I was reading about 'fasting' in the BD, and about mid way through, it says that the day of the Atonement took place on the 7th month of the 10th day (I believe)July 10th. Interesting huh? Did you know that? Me either.
Umm... Things are still progressing. Transfers are next week. I think Sister Anderson and I will stay put on where we are. I get to talk to you all soooo soon!! Cannot wait.
Tell Grayson CONGRATS!!! That's so awesome! I'm proud of him. When does he leave?
Also, I got a mini package in the mail (I was stoked) opened it with a huge grin, annnnnd... it was string.
Lol. Want me to mail it back to you?
I love you all. Pray hard for miracles. They are EVERYWHERE. 
xoxo Sister Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment