Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Still in Eau Claire!

Hey hey hey! Happy Valentines! I really missed you all on the 14th.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BUZZ! I was thinking about him all day yesterday and really was bummed to miss out on his Patriarchal Blessing. How was that? I am so so sooo proud of him! Hope he had a good 17:) What a handsome boy. And CONGRATS to Uncle Ben!!! Stake President?! Wow, that's really amazing. Tell him I love him and congrats! 

Friday, the Cottage Grove Sisters came to blitz our area. So, Sister Ballif and I were companions for the day! I could take up soooo much time telling you about how amazing the exchange was. We had so many miracles, so many wonderful conversations, and so much success. I'll try to keep it brief. 

The moment Sister Ballif and I got together, we went to tract college housing, and 3 houses in a row, we taught 3 awesome Restoration lessons. My favorite part about teaching Restoration lessons is seeing the change of countenance in the people we are talking with. It is always a pay day to see them understand something and for it to make total sense to them. (Wow, that makes me sound like a mom talking about my kids. haha) That happened a lot. We were able to get a ton of return appointments with people to fill our schedule this upcoming week. 

The coolest miracle we saw on the exchange was when we stopped by L and O (the only Nigerian couple I've seen in my five months in Eau Claire.) We've stopped by in the past, but were never able to get in. We'd make appointments, and they'd always fall through. So, this time when Sister Ballif and I knocked on the door, Sister Ballif immediately asked, "Hey, do you mind if I use your bathroom?" L let us in. I started talking to her a little bit, and then when Sister Ballif came back out, we asked if we'd be able to share a quick message with her. She agreed to it. We asked L what she remembers from meeting with the sisters a long time ago. She said, "I know about Joseph Smith, and I know about the Book of Mormon. I have been reading it everyday, even if it is a little passage." 


WHAT?!?!? I had absolutely no idea! She has been so faithful reading the Book of Mormon and told us she believes it is the word of God. She had questions like, "What happens to the people who don't even get a chance to hear about the Book of Mormon? I never heard about it in Nigeria... so that wouldn't be fair!" Luckily we answered that question briefly by talking about the Spirit World, but we are so excited teach her about the Plan of Salvation next week. How cool is THAT.
Not much time but please know
I am so grateful for the gift of the Atonement. I am so grateful for the chance we have to repent every single day, to progress in our growth of the gospel and improve each day.

x0x0x0 LOVE YOU
Sister Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment