Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Good morning :)

Mom... I knew you were sick... I could feel it. It's super weird when I feel like something is 'off' at home. It must be my spiritual gift or something.... bahhhhh :)
Speaking of, E and S have been down with sickness, so we haven't been able to meet with them, but they rescheduled for tomorrow. :) So I'll let you know next week!

Well, I have a new companion: Sister Smith. From Duchane (sp?) UT!

But really, this week was cray cray. Monday and Tuesday Sister Anderson and I worked out little hiney's off, and said goodbye to people, Wednesday was transfers, we worked Thursday, then Friday we went back to Minnesota for Zone Conference. AH. I'm exhausted. We had an AWESOME Zone Conference... Topics about working with the ward members (specifically the ward council) to give them a 'F.U.N. Report' F=facts about investigator (spend 1 minute) U=understanding of the investigator (40 sec) N= needs of the investigator (1 min) and then we talked about repentance (AWESOME.)... look up the BD definition of it. It's so so so good. And then self esteem by Sister Clements. :) I loooooove Zone Conferences. Its fun to get together with the other missionaries.. It's always weird seeing Elder Tubbs (Zack) haha..

Well, I don't remember if I told you about our investigator M... a lonnnng while back, Sister Anderson and I were having probably one of the most discouraging days on my mission, we weren't finding many people to teach, and we had a media referral, giving us hope that this person would be somewhat interested. We later found out the address didn't exist. Cherry on top of our day. So, bugged, we walked out of our car into the negative whatever weather, and started tracting the college housing. First door we knocked on: M's. She is SOOO cute. We introduced ourselves, and immediately she said, 'Come in, come in! It's too cold!" Eventually, we taught her the Restoration, and after we recited Joseph Smith's First Vision, she looked at us and said, "Wow. I got the chills. How come I haven't heard of this?!" So, there's a little refresher... well, M has been SO hard to catch, she's one busy gal, but we were able to meet her last week, and during our lesson, she invited herself to church! So, yesterday we met up and she followed us over there. The ward was AWESOME. They all showed immediate love and welcomed her in sooo well. We told her she was more than welcome to stay for all 3 hours, or just the one, whatever she'd like to do. After Sacrament: 'I think I'll stay for another' End of Gospel Principles: 'I think I'll come to the next one!" she stayed ALL 3 HOURS AND LOVED IT!!!!! She said when she left, "Wow, this was NOTHING like I thought it was gonna be. I really really liked it. I was so overwhelmed by the friendliness. Could I come again next week?"

 AHHHHHHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :)

It was awesome. We're gonna baptize everyone on campus. We really do need a strong singles ward. There's only 2 right now. :/

I love you all!!!
xoxox Sister B



No comments:

Post a Comment