Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My MTC Experience is almost coming to an end! Too fast

Fam,
AH!  Yesterday was an amazing day!  Clean clothes, emails, Temple and welcoming our new Districts!
Yeah, all those emails to reply to was kind of overwhelming but I was sooooooo happy to hear from everyone!
I ran into Nonna's friend /your old neighbor at the Temple....I wanna say her name is Kathy Robinson? She said she was gonna call you right after the Temple to tell you she ran into me...she gave me a hug from her and you:) Comforting.

Dad:
Hi:)  I miss you. Thanks for the Dear elder letter..mail is great.  I think that's what gets me through the day.
Dad!  I have learned soooooo much!! I love being here.  The spirit is so special here.  A lot of adults see my name on my tag and ask, "Are you related to Sam Beeson? or Gaye?"...I feel famous ;)
Just know I LOVE you!!!! So much!!  Miss you.  Let me know if you need me to fast for you or put your name on the temple role, anything!

Mom: I. Love. You.  I got your cute letter in my suitcase the day I arrived here and read it again for some reason and noticed the scripture!  I looked up the scripture once I got to class (great scripture BTW (: ) and I noticed glued in that page was a quote from seminary.  I read it.  It was by Richard G. Scott and the jist of what the quote was saying was:
 when you face trials, you will be led to ask many questions, like "why me?"..."what did I do to deserve this?" "why now?" ...it does no good to ask questions that reflect opposition.  Rather, ask: "what should I do?" "what am I learning from this experience?" "what do I need to change?" We need to trust that God's reasons are for a purpose.

Anyway, about 20 minutes later we taught Kyung-min (the investigator I told you about in my email) and one of her questions was, "why, if we had a loving God, would he have bad things happen to us?  Even if we are good people?" AH!! I LOVED that I remembered the quote that I had read about 20 minutes earlier, and if it weren't for the scripture you shared with me, I wouldn't have been able to find that quote that answered Kyung-min's question!  Obviously, I went more in depth with her, but it ended  up with her understanding it the way I do! :)
The spirit is SO amazing.  I have already had countless experiences where a scripture pops into my head and it's exactly what I need at that very moment!:)
I love you so much!  You are a faithful writer:)  I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting your sweet letters.
Love you forever
Love, Sister Liza Diza:)

No comments:

Post a Comment