Minnesota Minneapolis Mission

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 18, 2013 -Second Letter from MTC

Hello!  I miss you all!  I just got your lovely letters yesterday and it's true: mail is like gold here. So, I appreciate all of that. Thanks!  Oh man, things are going sooooo well here.  I was thinking about it and I honestly didn't know anything until I got here 4 days ago.  My testimony is seriously a million times stronger.  It's unbelievable.  I pray differently, I think differently and I speak differently. I'm just like this whole new gal!
So, on day two I tried out for a musical number and the "judges" knew Grandma Gaye.  That was fun. I got a "yes" on my performance and will be performing on Monday (20th) for some fireside.  I told my Branch President that I tried out and he was so impressed and happy that I have a desire to share my talents.  Speaking of my Branch Pres, he is so great and his wife is a doll. Their last name is McMullins and they are related to Paul and Mindy Atkinson!  Cool eh?

I absolutely love my companion along with my whole district. We all get along. We are so close already!

Mom: My companion looks like how I'm imagining Priscilla looked when you two were companions. She even bought a burrito out of the vending machine and I had my popcorn!

So, something interesting to me is how we are being trained to be missionaries.  We teach investigators by having our teachers act out/role play that person for us.  I don't know why, but this is how the Lord has chosen how to train His missionaries and it works.  It totally works.  We pray for them as if they aren't just our teachers role playing.  We take time in learning our lesson for this investigator.  I have grown to love him!
Ah I just love this. Oh, and I have also been receiving personal revelation like on ones biz-niss. Really! I am SO amazed.  I can definitely feel the difference of being Eliza to Sister Beeson now.

Anyway,  I just wanted to let you know that I am doing well.  I'm tired and everyday feels like de-ja-vu, but somehow I seem to make it through each day.
Thank you for your sweet prayers.  I'm praying for all of you back!  Love you Mom, Dad, Buzz, Claire, Jack, Andy and Happy!
This church is soooo true.
Muuaah!
Love,
Sister Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment